Saturday 7 June 2014

A ginormous crush

I had been in love before, of course. Love is awesome, love is like a drug. It gives you a kick now and then, but if you get addicted, sooner or later you will get your heart broken. So it's better to treat love as an occasional treat, but nothing more. Or so I thought. I saw Him on 1st february. Granted, He scared the crap out of me that day, but there was something else too. Why was I afraid? Well, every girl's allowed to be on edge to be dealing with a huge man who weighs at least 30 kg more than her, has a voice like rumbling thunder and altogether terrifying exterior, and also speaks in another language. But I was sort of intrigued too. I saw Him everyday. Spoke (sometimes using sign language...) to Him. But I was not comfortable around him. I spoke in mono-syllables, avoided eye contact, always approached Him with company, and only nodded when He spoke to me. I also constantly blushed when He stood near me. Thankfully my dark skin covered the worst of it. But I could feel it. The warmth spreading through my cheeks, ears and back of neck; slightly trembling hands; rapid breathing; and the tendency to make silly mistakes in whatever I happened to be doing at that time. I was restless. I had to do something about Him. But I was drawing a blank. I searched facebook for a day and half, until finally I found Him. But I dithered. I couldn't send Him a friend request, we didn't have a mutual friend, what would He think? So I searched His friend list, found three people I knew, sent them friend requests, and just waited. It took three days for the wheels to move. All three had accepted my friend request. I had a reasonable excuse to send Him a friend request. So I did just that. And He accepted it... We started chatting. I did my best to appear cool and casual and not at all vulnerable. But soon He started noticing that I only talked to him in a virtual platform. I was still too awkward around Him. So we went around the usual path- the five stages of falling in love. 'Appreciation', 'Infatuation', 'Attraction', 'Impression', 'Conviction', 'Reaffirmation' and finally 'love'. Needless to say, most of it happened on virtual platform. I will never forget the time when He asked me if I loved Him. My knees went weak, I dropped the pen I was doodling with, and couldn't answer for a few minutes. But then I did... I went to bed as the happiest girl that night. We've been in love since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment